Flu Clinics 2019
We run specific Flu Clinics on Saturday's during flu season.
This year our clinics are 28th September, 5th October, 12th October, 26th October, 2nd November
An appointment is required for ALL flu appointments and clinics – please contact us for an appointment using Engage Consult.
Text reminders are issued to those eligible for the free vaccine. If you are an eligible patient, or are a carer for an eligible patient, please provide us with a mobile number. You do not have to wait until you receive a reminder to book your appointment.
Our Saturday clinics are for flu vaccinations only - our staff will not be able to address any general queries during these clinics. If you have any questions or ailments you wish to discuss, please contact our reception team during usual opening hours.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 14th Oct 2019, we are awaiting our delivery of children's flu vaccinations. Until we have confirmation of delivery, we are unable to book appointments or administer the flu vaccination for children.
We will update this page with further information as it becomes available.
Eligible categories for the free flu vaccine are as follows:
- Children aged 2 and 3
- Children in Reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (the vaccine will be administered in school)
- Those aged 2 years to under 65 years with one or more of the following medical conditions;
- Respiratory Problems i.e. Severe asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Bronchitis
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic neurological disease i.e. Parkinsons Disease, Motor Neurone Disease or Learning Disability
- Immunosuppression, a weakened immune system due to disease (i.e. HIV / AIDS) or treatment (i.e. Cancer treatment)
- Asplenia or Aplenic dysfunction
- Morbid Obesity
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those over 18 years of age living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
- Carers aged 18 or over
- Morbid Obesity
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over
If you are eligible for a shingles vaccine and / or pneumonia vaccine this can be administered in these designated Saturday clinics
Our Patient Participation Group will be running charity cake sales during each of our Saturday Flu Clinics - please help us raise money for a water cooler for the waiting room and treat yourself.