Flu Season 2019
If you require a flu appointments please contact reception
Text reminders are issued to those eligible for the free vaccine. If you are an eligible patient, or are a carer for an eligible patient, please provide us with a mobile number. You do not have to wait until you receive a reminder to book your appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 4th Nov 2019, we have received our delivery of children's flu vaccinations. Please call reception to book your child a flu appointment if they are not receiving the vaccination via their school.
Eligible categories for the free flu vaccine are as follows:
- Children aged 2 and 3
- Children in Reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (the vaccine will be administered in school)
- Those aged 2 years to under 65 years with one or more of the following medical conditions;
- Respiratory Problems i.e. Severe asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Bronchitis
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic neurological disease i.e. Parkinsons Disease, Motor Neurone Disease or Learning Disability
- Immunosuppression, a weakened immune system due to disease (i.e. HIV / AIDS) or treatment (i.e. Cancer treatment)
- Asplenia or Aplenic dysfunction
- Morbid Obesity
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those over 18 years of age living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
- Carers aged 18 or over
- Morbid Obesity
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over
If you are eligible for a shingles vaccine and / or pneumonia vaccine this can be administered in these designated Saturday clinics
Our Patient Participation Group will be running charity cake sales during each of our Saturday Flu Clinics - please help us raise money for a water cooler for the waiting room and treat yourself.